The parish roots date as far back as the early 1800’s. In 1968 five  church societies, Grafton, Scofield and Carleton Methodist Churches, Carleton Evangelical United Brethren, Port Creek Evangelical Church united to form the Carleton United Methodist Church and has been worshipping at the present location since then.  The Education Wing of the church was completed in 1972 and then the offices and Sanctuary were  added in 1998.  The Carleton United Methodist Church prides itself on being an open and welcoming congregation.